Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 29 - 11 weeks to go!



Countdown: 13 days till my Lamaze birthing class, 44 days till my 22nd birthday, 48 days till my baby shower, 75 days till baby arrives!

How far along: 29 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain: 13 lbs
Maternity clothes?: Yup! Yet I’m still managing to find cute tops that are non-maternity. I also bought some awesome and adorable night gowns to sleep and lounge around in…love TJ Maxx!
Stretch marks?: Nada. Still slathering on that anti-stretch mark mustela cream and it’s working wonders!
Belly button, in or out?: It’s a cute little outie
Sleep: I’m now sleeping on a mountain of pillows to avoid heartburn. Super comfy! And the cats have decided to train me for when the baby comes along & they now wake me up every morning around 4:30 jumping on my bed, biting my feet, meowing their heads off until I feed them or just lock them out of my room.   
Cravings: Iced green tea with lemonade! So delicious and refreshing.
Showing yet?: Growing more and more every day, therefore my back is hurting more and more every day.
Happy or Moody?: Happy! I'm with my family & friends and wouldn’t have it any other way.
Movement: Constantly kicking and moving around! I’m feeling it more and more because it’s getting a little more cramped in there as each week goes by.
Best moment this week: Finally completing my shelf and wooden letter project. The baby room is practically finished!
Things I miss: Bikini bathing suits, being skinny, frozen margaritas etc etc..
Gender: BOY!
Looking forward to: AUGUST!! I cannot wait for that month to roll around and for little Michael to finally be here!
Due Date: August 11th

Week 29 – 11 more to go! This week has been particularly exhausting for me…but- I’m officially all unpacked and moved into my room. The pictures I posted last week show all the progress I made in decorating and starting to set up the room for little Michael. My goal for the week was to purchase, decorate and set up the shelves and wooden letters for the walls in the room. Check! I’ll post pictures of all that in my next update. 

This past Tuesday, I met my new doctor who happens to be pretty awesome! She’s a Major in the Army, was head of the OB/GYN department in various military hospitals, has deployed to Afghanistan and is returning to active duty next year. Have I mentioned that she also speaks French? Winning! Anyways, the appointment went really well..everything is progressing perfectly, baby’s heartbeat is nice and strong, only gained about 12 or 13 lbs! I was given the bloodtest for gestational diabetes, have yet to find out if I have it, but I’m thinking that I probably don’t considering how healthily I’ve been eating. Sad news though – I’m back to being anemic = not fun at all! I’m constantly tired, but tired in epic proportions. So tired that sometimes I’m too tired to even talk. It’s awful. I need to lay down all the time, the slightest activity exhausts me and makes me wants to lay in bed all day. Therefore I’m back to taking iron pills along with my prenatals, vit C and magnesium supplements. Hopefully I’ll start feeling stronger bc anemia is super lame. Next doctor’s appt is coming up in about a week…now I’ll be seeing her every two weeks for the next 6 weeks, after that, I’ll see her once a week till Michael arrives! Time is really flying. It seems like just days ago when I found out I was pregnant…

My next post will be all about the shelves I bought, painted and set up and the wooden letters I decorated and hung! 

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds like a butternut squash and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment