Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 27 & Third trimester begins!

Countdown: 1 day till Graduation, 6 days until I move back home, 59 days till my 22nd birthday, 63 days till my baby shower, 91 days till baby arrives!
Week 27 Bump!
Week 27 has begun...and along with it, the third trimester! Woo its the final stretch! I've been pretty lucky this whole pregnancy and haven't been plagued with many typical symptoms...ex: no morning sickness, no food aversions, no serious weight gain/bloating, etc. However, I have the worst back pain ever. I think I can attribute almost entirely to the fact that my front weighs so much more than it used to. My boobs are officially two cup sizes larger (B to a D - holy crap) and my belly is getting bigger by the minute. So all the weight I gained, which by now I think is around 11 pounds, is added weight that my poor back has to lug around. I can barely sit or stand longer than like 15 minutes before my back is screaming in pain. No fun. This week I also unfortunately caught a horrible cold/have been suffering from awful allergies so I've been congested, coughing, wheezing and sniffling. Not fun either. 
Sadly, it was my last week babysitting for one of my families. I have been with them for 2 years so leaving for the last time on Friday was super sad. :( Luckily, I'll be back in DC in the fall to visit them. It was just weird as I have been taking care of this little girl since she was born! I'm going to miss her so much. 
School-wise - finished the semester with a 3.93 GPA - Woo!! I love that my last semester in college and probably the toughest one is the one where I get my highest GPA. Why couldn't I have worked a little harder all throughout the four years? Oh well. 
Today was an awesome day. Got amazing jumbo crabs w David from the QD, then peach fro-yo and strolled along the Georgetown waterfront. Got a nice tan while doing so too...! The waterfront was packed today though with a bagillion people. Kind of annoying, but whatever. We saw the Avengers in Imax 3-D earlier in the week - awesome movie. Standard superhero storyline, but it was pretty funny. I can't wait for the Dictator and What to Expect When You're Expecting to come out! lolz

After lunch and Gtown, I headed back to campus and took pictures with my best friends Laura & Laura for graduation! They graduated today, and my grad is tomorrow so today was our picture day. Hard to believe that only 4 years ago, we were moving into our dorm rooms across from each other. The trio has remained strong!! Love these girls :)

Laura, Me, Laura. The Triplet Trio!
Afterwards, my parents finally arrived in town!! They came over and hung out for a bit at my apartment, then we went to dinner at Tesoro - amazing little Italian restaurant right down the street from me. Got some delicious appetizers and pizza. Yum! Then went back to my place and had pie & tea. Tomorrow is Mother's Day and we're going to Le Chat Noir for lunch after my graduation ceremony. My mom is AWESOME and totally deserves a day of recognition. Not to mention, the day after is her birthday! My mom is my best friend and biggest supporter and has always been there for me, no matter what. I think I can honestly say that I would not have been able to get through these last few months (not to mention the last 22 years of my life) without her. I love her so much. Moms are the best. Along those lines, tomorrow is my first Mother's Day!! Although Michael isn't here yet, I'm already his mom & I can't wait for him to come out so we can finally meet!! Crazy to think..wow. 

Best mom/friend in the whole world.
So recently I've been thinking that I kind of want to get those cheesy newborn pics done...where the babies are sleeping and wearing adorable little hats, "posing" on random objects or in baskets, etc. I also want the standard mommy/baby, daddy/baby pics. I think those would be so cute!! I looked on Etsy to see what kind of cute little hats they had for boys and these are what I found. Too cute for words and I must have one!  



I also decided that I need to have some fun with Michael when he's a babe w/ a pacifier & make some of these...hehe too funny! They sell for like 10 bucks on Etsy, but all you really need is some felt and glue, and voila - a mustache pacifier! Can get real creative and make all kinds of little mustaches! People are going to think I'm crazy...




Well tomorrow is the day I have been awaiting for the last 4 years - GRADUATION!! I will finally have that Bachelor's degree and the ability to say I went to college. I can't believe I seriously considered dropping out my freshmen year. What a mistake that would have been...Time flew by and it was definitely worth it 100%! Gotta wake up really early & sit through a painfully long ceremony...so now I'm going to bed. I'll post again with pictures!

How far along: 27 weeks
Total weight gain: 10 or 11 lbs
Maternity clothes?: Sometimes... for now I'm rocking non-maternity long summer dresses
Stretch marks?: Nothing!
Belly button, in or out?: Out..
Sleep: I love sleep so much.
Cravings: Fro-yo & tuna. I don't know what it is with this weird tuna craving I have...
Showing yet?: Yup!
Happy or Moody?: Happy! The family is here and graduation is tomorrow!!
Movement: Non-stop.
Best moment this week: Parents arriving today
Things I miss: Being skinny and able to wear belly shirts in the summer :(
Gender: BOY!
Looking forward to: Graduating tomorrow, hanging out w my family all week, and moving back home on Friday!
Due Date: August 11th

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment