Saturday, May 5, 2012

Week 26 - 14 weeks to go!





Today is day 1 of week 26. I am officially 6 whole months pregnant and starting my seventh month! In 2 weeks or so (depending on which doctor you're talking to), I'll be starting the 3rd trimester. I can't believe how fast time is flying! It feels like yesterday when I found out I was pregnant...and I was one of those people who found out 5 weeks in..I can't wait for August!!

Countdown: 7 days till my parents get here, 8 days till Graduation, 13 days until I move back home, 66 days till my 22nd birthday, 70 days till my baby shower, 98 days till baby arrives!
This week was pretty awesome - didn't really have to work too much as one of the little kiddies I nanny for was super sick with some crazy flu. Monday was the last day of undergraduate classes! I turned in my thesis paper early and got an A-! The amount of stress that paper gave me was incredible but I am so happy its over. So far I have gotten an A and and A- in 2 classes. Now I just need to wait on my teachers to post final grades in 3 more classes. I took the GRE on Wednesday....screw that. Standardized tests SUCK! I was never good at math, and I remember hating the SAT because of that. Well, this was a good reminder as to why I hated math so much. Official scores come out in a couple of weeks, we'll see what happens. Either way, whether or not I get accepted to the school that I applied to, I'll be happy. If I got in, awesome! If not, at least I tried, and I can always try again at a later date. In the mean time, more time to spend with baby Michael! 

I ordered the matching dresser this week for the baby room and it arrived 2 days later. The box looked like it had been run over by a truck, but surprisingly everything inside was in perfect condition! I'll post pictures of it once its finished being set up.

My biggest dilemma right now is trying to find the best baby stroller and infant carseat out there. Strollers are easy, I found one that I am completely obsessed with and due to the fact that this is probably one of the most popular brands of strollers, and that I have actually used one before, and that practically everyone on the street is using one, I know it must be great quality. The color is absolutely amazing! This is definitely my dream stroller. (Baby Jogger City Mini Single Stroller in blue/gray)

Finding the carseat is another story. I'll probably have to shop around in person for that one because you can't really tell the quality or "comfiness" of it through an online picture. Luckily, I still have time to find and secure both those items. 


Yesterday, Laura T and I had a girls date night! We went out to the Georgetown Waterfront and got fro-yo. Yum! I absolutely love Georgetown so it was nice to go back there and hang out. There were tons of people since it was so nice out. And every yacht owner in the DC/VA area brought their boats to the docks. Jealousss. We got some great pics from our little evening out!

Awesome dress I found at Marshalls - not even a maternity dress!
 
Definitely getting this picture framed. Love!

The yachts at sunset. Wish I was on one.
View of the Kennedy Center...so beautiful.
Earlier this week, and yesterday morning, I went shopping with Laura A to Target and Marshalls. I'm starting to run low on clothes that still fit my growing belly. I take back anything I ever said about Target's maternity section being great - it SUCKS. There is no variety and the clothes are awful. Everything I ended up buying (with the exception of the maternity leggings) are from the normal clothes section in the women's department. Luckily, it seems as though the style this summer is loose fitting tops - perfect! I don't really even need to buy a size up! I can stick to a small (for now) and totally get away with it, with room to spare. Those maternity leggings however - SOO COMFY! I was never a leggings person, quite frankly I thought I looked like a sausage, but those bad boys are amazing. Definitely recommend those to any pregnant chick looking for comfortable bottoms. 

That's it for now, I'm off to take my last final of my undergrad career! Hopefully I won't be in for any surprises. I definitely could have taken more time to study. Ooops...

How your baby's growing:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment