Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 35 - 5 weeks to go!

Countdown: 2 days till my 22nd birthday, 6 days till my baby shower, 33 days till baby Michael arrives!


How far along: 35 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain: At least weeks doctor's appointment I had gained a total of 19 pounds. According to her, its pretty much all entirely boob and stomach weight...I don't know how comforting that is, although the prospect of losing all the weight within a few weeks of birth is what is keeping my spirits up. Let's hope after this weekend, I won't have gained too many extra lbs. 
Maternity clothes?: Yup.
Stretch marks?: Nothing! Praying that it stays that way! I thought I saw my first mark the other day and was on the verge of tears, but then I realized it was a scratch mark, probably from one of my cats and all was well in the world again. 
Belly button, in or out?: Out and about
Sleep: My body is officially training me for the baby. I wake up every two hours like clockwork to go pee. I can't honestly remember the last time I got a full night of uninterrupted sleep...sigh...
Cravings: nothing specific really...
Showing yet?: Yea although most people are shocked to know I'm nearly 9 months pregnant. Apparently I look like I'm only 6 or 7.
Happy or Moody?: Happy! Baby has dropped, baby shower is this weekend which means all my favorite people will be here with me and birthday is this week as well!
Movement: Moving more than ever it feels like. As I type, he is currently kicking while hiccuping so my whole stomach is moving. 
Best moment this week: Finally figuring out and knowing that baby had dropped. The end is near!
Things I miss: Walking without waddling, sleeping through the night, being back pain free!
Gender: BOY!
Looking forward to: This whole week and this weekend!
Due Date: August 11th



I am practically too physically exhausted to properly update my blog, so this will be a rather short posting. Small updates: I started a part time job this week! Crazy I know, but I really needed to get out of the house so a few days a week I am a hair salon receptionist. Just making some extra cash and keeping myself busy and distracted while I wait for the big day! Big updates: baby Michael has officially dropped! The doctor said he had at my appointment but I didn't really feel any different until this morning at church. I now feel enormous pressure down below, pee even more than before, have a bit of cramping (feels like period cramps) still have back pain, waddle around a lot more, but can breath a bit easier. My stomach also looks a lot lower than before...although I don't know if you can really tell that from the picture. This is all a good sign! It means things are progressing quite normally and in a few short weeks, we'll have a baby to hold! Unfortunately it also means things are going to be a bit uncomfortable for the next few weeks which sucks because I still have so much to do!! 


To do list: (I'm probably forgetting a million things) 


Make appointments with prospective pediatricians
Clean out my bedroom closet; make room for more baby stuff
Wash baby clothes, blankets, sheets, etc.
Buy remaining items needed for the hospital and diaper bag
Pack hospital bag
Pack diaper bag
Hang elephants and picture frame on wall
Purchase whatever remains on the registry after the baby shower
Get the house ready for 487694867 million guests this weekend
Buy thank you cards


I'm not sure how I physically plan on getting all of this done...any normal person could probably do it all in a day. I'm pathetic..Oh well, hopefully nesting kicks in hardcore and full force so I get super motivated and energized!



How your baby's growing:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds, like a honeydew melon. Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.




No comments:

Post a Comment