Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cleaning products

I'm not sure if "nesting" has kicked in full force or if I'm just realizing that my due date is a month away, but I decided that now would be as good a time as ever to start cleaning all the clothes and blankets I have received in preparation for baby's arrival. From all the reading I have done (plus some common sense) I realize that baby's have very sensitive skin so it's important to wash anything that comes into contact with their skin with very safe and gentle detergent. Setting aside the fact that my mom has always been a fan of "all natural" and "organic" products, with all the chemicals in our daily cleaning products (not to mention - food!) I definitely wanted to go the safe route and get something that would be healthy and safe for little Michael. 


I made a trip to Babies R Us with mom to check out what they had in stock and discovered BabyGanics. I had heard someone mention it before but never really looked into it. I decided to pick up some of their products and then do some research once I got home. They advertised as being "naturally safe & gentle" and didn't contain any synthetic ingredients and I could always return them, so why not? I got the laundry detergent, dryer sheets and diaper cream (hiney helper). The information I found on them was great! Here is a link to their website - BabyGanics. Barefoot Mommies did a review of their products here which I found extremely helpful. Simply put - BabyGanics products are natural and organic, non toxic and free of harsh chemicals, do not contain pollutants or any caustic ingredients, have no fillers or dyes and are VOC free! Not to mention they are safe for people, pets and the environment. I think I found a winner!


I'll do a review of their products once I use them, which will be soon, but so far the only complaint I have (which I read in some online reviews) is that the laundry detergent, while it is unscented, smells quite strongly, and isn't very pleasant. However, I also read that the smell is no longer present once the clothes are done washing...just when you smell the detergent in the bottle directly. We shall see. I also got the diaper rash cream, as I'm starting to pack my hospital bag & diaper bag, but I won't know how that turns out until after he's born! 


Simply put, BabyGanics has me sold on their products even though I have yet to test them. I am excited to try out what I have bought so far and in the future I plan on purchasing and trying some of their other home and baby products!

No comments:

Post a Comment