Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Diaper Bag

These next few weeks are going to be a long waiting game, so I'll most likely be updating about random and possibly mundane things to occupy my time.

Today's topic - the "going home diaper bag"
Based on all the reading I've done online, a diaper bag isn't really necessary when bringing home baby, mostly because the hospital will give you everything you need (excluding the carseat and going-home outfit). I of course, have ignored everything I read and decided that I will still pack a diaper bag, albeit a mini diaper bag with things that I think could be useful or necessary - just in case. I definitely think this could be a slippery slope for me...I've always been an over-packer specifically because I always think, "just in case!". 
Below is a picture of my already packed "going home diaper bag" and each item that I have inside of it. Yes, I looked online for each one to get a picture of the exact item...again, I'm 36.5 weeks and pregnancy is starting to get old. 


1. First Impressions Baby Diaper Bag (Blue) - This awesome mini diaper bag can be found here. It is most likely too small to be used on a daily basis, but for the first day coming home from the hospital, it is just perfect. It's got 7 pockets and a changing pad and is easily wiped clean. 
2. Earth's Best Newborn Diapers - I know people have personal preference when it comes to diapers, but since I'm a first time mom and have no idea what works and what doesn't, I chose these. Everyone says the hospital gives you plenty, but again, I chose to pack a few...just in case. 
3. Graco Snugride 35 (Bermuda) - While this obviously won't fit inside your diaper bag, baby can't come home without one. I chose this particular one because the ratings for it on Babycenter and a couple of other sites, put it at number 1 for infant carseats. It can be found at Babies R Us, here.
4. Nuk Soft Orthostar Advanced Orthodontic Silicone Pacifier - Again, I looked up and compared different types of pacifiers and this one had some pretty good reviews. I bought a few different brands to see what Michael likes best, but I decided to pack these guys for the hospital. They can also be found at Babies R Us.
5. Carter's Fall Cuddle Receiving Blanket - The exact 2 pack I received can be found here on Amazon. They are super soft and snuggly and are a good size (I think) and are also thin enough to be good summer receiving blankets. 
6. Koala Baby Pacifier Holder - My friend Ariel suggested this as a diaper bag essential so I decided to get one (actually, she got it for me for my shower!) It's cute and convenient. Can be found here.
7. Organic Cotton Mittens - These are apparently a must for little newborns since their nails are like claws when they first come out, and they feel the need to grab at their face.  I packed a pair for his going home outfit. 
8. Boudreaux's Butt Paste - This got some great reviews online and Grandma Mimi (who is also an L&D nurse) raved about it. I received some in a game basket at my shower and decided it would be perfect for his diaper bag. Sold here.
9. Baby's Going Home Outfit - While it is kind of plain looking, I decided his going home outfit should be cute but mainly comfortable. He's got a little blue and white striped onesie, little blue bloomer shorts, white mittens, a blue hat, little blue puppy booties (in case his toes get cold even though its 100 degrees out) and his little lamb snuggle buddy that Grandma Mamie got him. He's going to look perfect in it :)


24 days and counting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment