Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 21!


I've been so busy, I haven't had any time to make any updates to my little blog. But in terms of exciting things that are going on, I had my doctor's appointment last Monday and discovered that I can officially refer to my baby as a he! :) It's crazy, but knowing the gender makes being pregnant an even more emotional and exhilarating experience and I really felt like it brought me closer to my baby. Up until now, being pregnant hasn’t feel completely real to me, and sometimes I’d wake up forgetting that I was pregnant. Now, I think about the fact that I’m becoming (or arguably already am) a mother for probably 80-90% of my day. Not to mention, now it’s hard to forget considering baby is kicking me all day long! I know I should be relishing the time that I am pregnant, but all I want to do is fast forward to August and meet him and get started on this whole new, stressful yet exciting life of motherhood.

I’m so happy this week is over. I’ve had a TON of work to do for school, not to mention everything that needed to be done in preparation for the LAB 6 training event on Saturday. Speaking of which, minus the chaos that was arguably inflicted by cadre themselves, the day went well overall. I was exhausted even though I was doing absolutely nothing but sitting at the TOC. Sitting and standing have become quite uncomfortable – especially when in uniform. I managed to sneak away for a few minutes and lay down on the ground to relieve my back pain, but even that wasn’t entirely comfortable. I obviously crashed as soon as I got home and showered.

Yesterday was a good day overall. I woke up super early with the intention of dedicating my entire day to writing my thesis paper, which may or may not have been extremely over ambitious. I did manage to complete about 14-16 pages, (some of the material I haven’t decided if I want to keep it) which I thought was a really good start. It helped that I had all my sources already and a solid outline to work off of. I then spent the rest of the day with David and his friends eating fried turkey and ice cream (not at the same time!) It was really nice to be able to get out of the apartment and socialize with friends I hadn’t seen in a long while. :)

This morning I made an emergency trip to the doctor’s because I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid = very bad. Yesterday, I had gotten up from a chair and my pants were soaked…I thought it was just a wet seat cushion, but after talking to my mom, David’s mom (a Labor & Delivery nurse) and researching online, I thought I should err on the side of caution and get checked. Leaking amniotic fluid this early is usually a sure sign that something has gone terribly wrong, and the likelihood of continuing the pregnancy is very unlikely. Thankfully, after getting checked out by the doctor, and having another ultrasound done, turns out everything is fine, and that (this is gross) I may have peed my pants without realizing it….an equally terrifying thought. I’m just going to go with the idea that the seat cushion was already wet before I sat on it. It was cool getting another little ultrasound though and seeing baby again – (definitely still a boy!)

How far along:
21 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain: 7 pounds total so far

Maternity clothes?: On and off, I can still kind of squeeze myself into my regular clothes depending on what it is.

Stretch marks?: Nothing at all. Thank God! (Hopefully it stays like this)

Belly button, in or out?: Flat, although the top is creeping out a little bit.

Sleep: Sleeping great, but waking up with the horrible feeling of needing to pee SO BAD is really annoying.

Cravings: Baby carrots. So good and so healthy.

Showing yet?: Yup. Must be super obvious since someone gave their seat up on the bus for me the other day after checking out my stomach.

Happy or Moody?: Happier!

Movement: This little boy is kicking and punching all day long. I feel like I'll be giving birth to a kick boxer.

Best moment this week: A few things, (mostly personal stuff) but one of the biggest was finding out that baby is a BOY!

Things I miss: My family :(

Gender: BOY!
Looking forward to: Going home for Easter! I cant wait to finally see my family & friends again, even if its just for a few days.
Due Date: August 11th


How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment