Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 23 - 17 weeks to go!

Countdown: 16 days till the end of classes, 29 days till Graduation, 35-40 days until I move back home, 87 days till my 22nd birthday, 91 days till my baby shower, 119 days till baby arrives!

Nothing really eventful happened this week, had class and work everyday; getting so much closer to the end and to graduation. Its so hard to believe that I'll be done with college in less than a month. Thank God!! I'm also really happy to be moving back home for a couple of months...it will be the longest I have lived at home since high school, will definitely take some getting used to. At this point I just need to get out of DC and clear my head back with my family and get ready for the next phase in my life. Still have a lot of baby preparations to take care of to include finding myself a new doctor, picking a hospital to deliver at, finding a pediatrician, take a lamaze/birthing class, etc etc.
I've continued to edit my baby registry and am getting really excited for my baby shower! I registered at Babies r Us and am considering BuyBuyBaby because they have a lot of cute stuff too...we'll see. Might just be easier to keep it all on one site. Its honestly really hard to think of everything I could possibly need...although I have taken care of quite a few babies/toddlers, I feel like I'm forgetting so much. Luckily though, I feel like I'm really prepared in terms of actually taking care of him considering for the last 2 years now, I've been taking care of 4 adorable kids...all since they were born! I'm so excited to have my own little boy to take care of.

Name announcement: I wanted to keep this kind of secret for as long as possible, but I can't help but announce it! Little man's name will be... *drum roll*....Michael David DeCaudin-Fernandez!

I love the name so much, and they carry such awesome meanings...
Michael - "who is like God" ...meaning no one is like God...Michael the archangel, leader of the Army of God; patron saint of the military and law enforcement. How appropriate!
David - after baby's daddy...means "beloved". Great name as this baby will be the most loved little boy in the world :)

How far along: 23 weeks
Total weight gain: 9 pounds I think?
Maternity clothes?: Yes, and managing to still kind of squeeze into my pre-maternity jeans…its getting real close.
Stretch marks?: Nothing!
Belly button, in or out?: The top is totally sticking out when I stand up, but when I lay down its flat!
Sleep: I have been less tired, so I go to bed around 10 instead of 9..usually
Cravings: Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate
Showing yet?: No hiding it…at all.
Happy or Moody?: Happy-ish
Movement: All the time!
Best moment this week: Sun is coming back out…finally!
Things I miss: Home. Just wanna go back to NY!
Gender: BOY!
Looking forward to: Graduation. Can’t come soon enough!
Due Date: August 11th

How your baby's growing:

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, just about as large as a large mango; you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment