Monday, March 26, 2012

Baby is a HE!


So the big news came in today, and little baby is a BOY!!!

It was so amazing seeing him on the ultrasound today. It was kind of like seeing him on there for the first time! My appointment was right after class today at 1:30. Chris (David's mom) and Laura A (roommate) came with me to the doctor's, we got a little bite to eat beforehand and then went in!

The sonogram technician went through and looked at head, the brain, each little limb, the heart, the abdomen, and finally, the genitals! And sure enough, there was a little wiener, baby is a boy! It was so awesome to be able to see little fingers and toes, a beating heart, a nose, a mouth....nothing like the first 5 week ultrasound I had when all I could see was a little speck! Brought tears to my eyes to be seeing my little guy in there. Surprisingly, we caught him at a good time, he was napping! (or at least trying to until we started poking around!) Very unusual for him as he is such a mover and a shaker! I was afraid he would be kicking and jumping so much that we wouldn't be able to see anything! He did "look" at us a couple of times which was cool, and I think he may have been sucking on his thumb or waving haha. I don't really care what it was, it was just so amazing to see!

Afterwards, I went in to see the doctor. Turns out I have only gained about 5 pounds since my 1st appt! Lucky me, all my weight gain went to my stomach and probably a little to my face...I feel like my cheeks are a little rounder than usual. hmmmm.
All the excitement and the rise in blood pressure gave me a huge headache and so now I'm in bed blogging about how excited I am!!

Here are some great pics from today:


Here we've got a face! You can see a perfect facial profile..nose, lips, chin..a little neck and then the chest!In this picture his foot was flat against my stomach. Look at those adorable little toes!!

Full body shot! Laying on his back with his little legs up in the air! Just straight chillin...

I love him so much & I can't wait to meet him sometime around August 11th!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment