Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week 22 & baby supplies!

Time is flying! I’m home for Easter break and I’m loving it. The train ride was amazing, so short and so much more comfortable than taking a bus, I just wish it was a little less expensive. After I got into the city, my dad met up with me and we got burgers. YUM. Then I hopped back onto the train to get home where my mom picked me up! Didn’t really do too much that night, I just hung out at home and went to bed pretty early. Next day I woke up nice and early and went to Homegoods with my mom – best store in the world!! I cannot wait to shop there for little decorative nicnacs for baby’s room! What was unfortunate was how small the little boys section was…tons of girls stuff and hardly any boy stuff. Lame.

We then discovered the most amazing kids consignment store ever. “Once Upon a Child.” (http://www.onceuponachild.com/) Went inside and the first thing we found was the most beautiful bassinet! Pretty much new! Its multi-functional, so its got the bassinet basket on top, so you can remove it and bring it around the house with you; a changing table platform that affixes to the top of the bassinet and easily stores at the bottom, two baskets at the bottom for storing random items, and a little hanging organizer on the. side for diapers, wipes, creams, etc. Plus the whole thing is on wheels, so I can wheel it around the room and the house! I absolutely love it. Retail price at Toys-R-Us: $180, we got it barely used for $80. Saved $100!! Absolutely thrilled with this find. Will come in so useful during the first few months.

Yesterday, mom and I went to Babies-R-Us conveniently located about a 3 minute drive from my house, and started putting together all the items that I want for my registry. I had picked a few big things online already (crib, dresser, stroller, high chair) and wanted to check them out in person to make sure they were sturdy, comfortable and looked good. Thank goodness I did so, because the stroller I originally selected turned out to be crap, and the crib and dresser were AWESOME but I decided to get them in Espresso because the Cherry color was way too bright and girly. The crib is one of the things I am most excited about. It’s one of those 4-in-1 cribs that convert to toddler beds and eventually a full size bed, and also has a changing table with drawers and shelves attached to it. Looking at it online, I wasn’t sure how sturdy and solid the wood was, but as it turns out, it is an amazing piece of furniture! I definitely recommend it.

We then went to TJ Maxx, just with the intention of strolling around and not really buying anything, but I ended up finding an amazing crib bedding set that I absolutely had to buy. It is the exact color scheme I was looking for (blues and browns) and was beautiful. All the bedding sets we had seen previously in stores were pretty expensive, ranging from about $125-$200. Yikes! This one was on sale for $40. I looked online to see how much it retailed for…$170! On sale with it, was the matching lamp, on sale for $10, retails for $52. I made out like a bandit! I looked online to see the other items that match the bedroom set, and I plan on ordering the mobile, as it is just way too cute to pass up.

Overall, I LOVE everything I have accumulated so far! A family friend has given us tons of clothes already, most of which still have tags on them! I’ve also sorted through all my stuffed animals, and washed a few of them which will make really cute accessories for the room, and furry friends to cuddle with as he gets older! Now all that’s left is to paint the room; I’m picking up paint samples today to start experimenting with different blues, tans, beiges, browns…I never realized how many different shades of one color there could be. I can’t wait to be back in May to see the finished product and start decorating the room!

How far along: 22 weeks – 18 to go!
Total weight gain: 7 pounds still!
Maternity clothes?: Still wearing them…
Stretch marks?: Nothing!

Belly button, in or out?: Flatish…but not really. The top is sticking out
L
Sleep: Less tired than I used to be, but when I go to sleep I have to put a pillow under my stomach..its getting heavier!
Cravings: Chocolate fudge brownies…not healthy at all..

Showing yet?: Yes..saw someone from high school and her mom in the store the other day, and her mom stared at my stomach with the most horrified look on her face. Awkward..
Happy or Moody?: Happy!!

Movement: So much movement! Kicking all day long…!
Best moment this week: Going home for Easter to see my parents and brother!
Things I miss: Being home..I don’t want to leave!!
Gender: BOY!
Looking forward to: Graduating and coming back home for a little while!
Due Date: August 11th

How your baby's growing:

At 11 inches, the length of a spaghetti squash, and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.

If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment