Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week (almost) 16

Hellooo! I am currently 15 weeks 5 days, will be 16 weeks on Saturday and haven't gotten a chance to update in quite some time..apparently people actually read this blog (Hennessey lol) and have been waiting for the next update :)

So many exciting things have happened in the past couple of weeks: my mom came down for 4 days and we had a blast! I bought my first few pairs of maternity pants and new bras with her and went out to lunch with her, Christine & Liz (soon to be grandma & aunt on David's side) which was so much fun! Then mom came over to the apartment and made crepes for Mardi Gras with Laura A, Laura T, Kristin and I!

I'm slowly getting my energy back, but I'm still pooped by 8pm. Unfortunately I've been getting TERRIBLE migraines which make it impossible for me to do anything...literally. Last night it was so bad I just went to bed..at 730 pm. But on the bright side, more sleep = so much more energy the next day to get things accomplished! Similarly, working out (ie: situps & pushups) are impossible now. My stomach muscles are expanding more and more as my stomach has gotten way bigger and basically I have no real strength left in them. I didn't realize how much I used my abs to do pushups until I did them on Wed at PT and pulled my stomach muscles...ouch!

I definitely feel more comfortable showing off my ever expanding belly...(not flat and a 6-pack anymore :( because I am getting more and more excited and proud to be a mom in 5 short months. Who cares if people around campus stare...I'm SOO EXCITED & I'll be graduating in May so who cares what silly freshmen think anyways.

Today was an AWESOME day..and still is! I woke up feeling soo refreshed after those 12 hours of sleep, it was 70 degrees out so I didn't have to bundle up like an eskimo, I had my doctor's appt, and I'm getting tons of work done to include updating my little blog. Woo! I'm still so pumped about how awesome today is going. This morning Laura took a belly pic for me so you can see how much its grown in the last few weeks.

I also went to the Dr.'s today. Side note: Found out that I have in fact only gained 1.5 pounds! Turns out the weight has just been shifting from muscle weight to tummy weight. So I'm not gaining anything just yet, the weight I had previously is just moving..? If you think about it long enough, it kind of makes sense.
The visit itself was just to do some more blood work, check the heartbeat, etc. but I begged my doctor to see if he could do a last minute sonogram so I could mayybeee find out if I was having a girl or a boy, and it worked! Free sonogram and a "maybe" answer. The heartbeat was stronger than ever, and little baby was moving like crazy! Dr. said it was one of the most active babies he had seen through sonogram...kicking, flailing, jumping around, flipping over..he/she was having a field day in there! (makes total sense, this is definitely my child!) After some searching, doctor was able to see something and his immediate hunch was that baby is a BOY! BUT, nothing is definite or certain because the doc could have just been seeing the umbilical cord, and baby was moving quite a lot and kept crossing his/her legs. It was cool though to have an idea from the doctor and he did seem to give a lot of credit to his "hunch". So exciting!! But I'll know for sure in about a month!

Here is a really cool sonogram pic from today: great shot of baby facing down and you can really see his/her spinal cord really well. I tried to label the pic, but I don't know if you can see them really well...shows "legs" at the bottom, the "spinal cord" in the middle, and "base of neck" in the top right.

My weekly pregnancy update:

How far along: 15 w 5 days
Total weight gain: 1.5 lbs!
Maternity clothes?: Yep…got my first pairs of maternity skinny jeans – from forever21 and 2 other pairs of pants..more clothes on the way! (They’re actually really cute & you can’t even tell they’re for preggo girls!)
Stretch marks?: Nope, still nothing. Thank God!
Belly button, in or out?: In..for now…
Sleep: Really hard to fall asleep, terrible headaches, indigestion…etc.
Cravings: fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, green apples…yum!) and fruit smoothies!
Showing yet?: Small bump, but its slowly getting bigger & I think it might be noticeable.
Happy or Moody?: Happy! Going to Paris in 2 weeks!
Movement: I think so…I feel some fluttering and bubbles, which apparently is the baby moving??

Best moment this week: Mom came down for the weekend & we had an amazing time!!

Things I miss: My mom..this weekend went by WAY too fast :(

Gender: Possibly a boy!...finding out for sure in March!
Looking forward to: finding out for sure what this little nugget will be! I just want to buy baby stuff!

Due Date: August 11th, 2012


Hopefully it won't bee this long till my next update...until then, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment