Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 32 - 8 weeks to go!


Countdown23 days till my 22nd birthday, 27 days till my baby shower, 54 days till baby Michael arrives!
 
How far along: 32 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain: I think its safe to say I’ve gained some weight..I definitely feel like I have although since I don’t own a scale, there’s really no way to know. Dr’s appointment on Tuesday will confirm my sneaking suspicion that I’ve packed on a couple of pounds in the last 2 weeks. At least I hope so! I want baby to keep growing! (although, not tooo big. Don’t want to be pushing out a 10 pounder)
Maternity clothes?: Yep and maxi dresses! Those are a total life saver in the summer time.
Stretch marks?: Nothing! Although everytime I see any kind of red mark, usually from tight clothes leaving imprints, I instantly freak out and examine the area, but thankfully nothing has been permanent.
Belly button, in or out?: Out out out…but in a cute way.
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty awful. Can’t fall asleep for at least an hour, then I get up a couple of times throughout the night to pee. Sometimes I’ll wake up and be wide awake, ready to start my day. (at 3am? Yea right.) Guess my body is getting me ready for a hungry baby that will want to eat all throughout the night.
Cravings: Weird cravings of the week: spaghetti, baklava, tuna, stirfry…I have yet to get my hands on some baklava. Ugh…want some soo bad! I wish I knew how to make it.
Showing yet?: At 32 weeks, you would hope so!
Happy or Moody?: Mixed..mostly happy! Although sometimes those stupid hormones get the best of me and I get into a funk for no reason and I can’t help it…and the strangest things will make me cry. It probably hasn’t helped that I’ve taken up watching Animal cops on TV and watch them rescue the saddest looking abused puppies, kittens, horses, etc.
Movement: All the time..I wonder if I’ll be able to feel him do the legendary “turn”! It should be happening within the next couple of weeks.
Best moment this week: Definitively planning a little trip down south! (amongst a few other things)
Things I miss: Being able to sit up without rolling over first…I feel like a whale.
Gender: BOY!
Looking forward to: Baby shower, DC trip, birthday, due date, the bottle of champagne after delivery, etc…
Due Date: August 11th

As I’m typing, I’m having a complete  memory lapse on things that took place this week, to include notable symptoms I’ve had… They haven’t really changed enormously however; I still have horrible middle back pains, trouble sleeping and get tired relatively easily. I’m really trying to stay optimistic in looking forward to this next month and a half, because I have a feeling its going to go by quite slowly. Weird thing though – I’ve developed a really strange rash on my arm that I thought was poison ivy at first, but now I’m starting to think its not. Its spreading up my arm and hasn’t shown signs of stopping so I’m starting to get really worried. Definitely need to talk to the doc about this one. So far I’ve been doing a soak 2x a day. Sticking my arm in hot water mixed with baking soda to dry out the rash, then put hydrocortisone cream on it. It’s been kinda working, but its still spreading…yuck. I don't know if you can really tell from the picture, but there are red rashy spots all up my poor little arm..and they itch like crazy!

This week overall wasn’t extremely eventful. My mom and I did pretty much finalize everything for the baby shower though!  Invites are all out and we bought all the supplies we needed to include: plates, napkins, tableclothes, margarita glasses, bowls, a crown (for me!), cupcake stuff, supplies to make the centerpieces… and sooo much more. It was extremely overwhelming having to pick all the stuff out, making it all match and we have yet to order the favors. Stress! Thankfully my mom is spearheading most of the planning so I’m kinda just along for the ride. I’m so excited though! I’m hoping and praying that the weather is beautiful that day – NO rain, not boiling hot. Mid 70s and sunny would be just perfect!

Made final plans to head into the DC/VA area this week! Woohoo! While I love being back home, I need a change of scenery, plus I really miss it. Looked at the weather and its going to be sweltering hot down there this week…I’m going to need to find a pool to soak in or I’m afraid I might melt. I also dyed my hair this week. I got some all natural hair dye from Mrs. Green's (for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it..) and put it in along with my mom who got some for herself. Now, my hair has a nice reddish tint to it and in the sun I have bright red highlights! I hadn't dyed my hair in about a year so it was nice to be able to do that...simple pleasures. 

My next weekly update will probably be a bit late considering I’ll still be in VA when Week 33 comes and goes, but I’ll do my best to get one up! Time is flying right now. 8 weeks left to go…what?! And that’s if he comes right on time..I’m hoping hes a week or two early bc idk if I can stand the wait any longer!

How your baby’s growing:

By now, your baby w eighs 3.75 pounds, like a large jicama (wtf is that?) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You’re gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he’ll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails and real hair! (peach fuzz really). His skin is becoming soft and smooth and he plumps up in preparation for birth.



No comments:

Post a Comment