Sunday, June 17, 2012

Books!

This week I made a stop at TJ Maxx to do some shopping and stumbled across the children's books section and had to sit down and read the adorable little books. Books are definitely something I think are extremely important in any child's development and one of the things I look forward to the most is reading to Michael. His shelves are already stocked with a bunch of books in both French and English that belonged to my brother and I when we were little. My mom kept all of them in a box and now they are seeing daylight again! I can't wait for him to enjoy them as well.


Babysitting over the years has introduced me to many a children's book and I have officially decided that my favorite author is Sarah Boynton. Her books are AWESOME. They are simple and so cute and the illustrations are both funny and adorable! My absolute favorite is "Barnyard Dance" which I know by heart from reading it and dancing it to the twins over and over again. I've started a small collection of her books and so far the two I got were relatively inexpensive at TJ Maxx. I aim to expand because I just love all of her little stories. Here is a link to her website. She even sells the stuffed animals of some of her main characters. "Little Pookie" is my favorite! Below are the two books I bought on Friday.




In decorating his room, I wanted to find some cute posters to frame and hang on the walls. The website "Children Inspire Design" has some great stuff that I really like! One of them is an alphabet poster that you can order in any language. I plan on eventually getting the French one. In the mean time, they also have a poster with counting numbers and pictures in every language which I got and framed and put up on the shelf. I plan on hanging it on the wall by the dresser...eventually. Strangely, they spelled some of the numbers wrong...weird.




Below is a collage I made of some of my favorite books growing up along with more recent ones that I plan on getting for Michael's book collection! I'm sure most of you can recognize a few of these as "classics" when we were growing up!





No comments:

Post a Comment