Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 19

Back from Spring Break in France and the weather in DC is beautiful! This is making me really anxious for graduation and SUMMER! Only 44 days until classes are over and finals start, but those should be over pretty quickly too. Then the parents come down and watch me graduate...finally.

Anyways, while I was gone, week 18 came and went, now today starts week 19. Here are the updates in my life:


How far along: 19 weeks!
Total weight gain: No idea...will find out at the next doctor's appointment, but it shouldn't be too much. (hopefully)
Maternity clothes?: Wear them practically everyday,
although I tried out the hairband trick with normal jeans and that works well too!
Stretch marks?: Nada! All
the oil and cream i slather on is doing its job
Belly button, in or out?:
Flat...sigh
Sleep: Finally back in my ow
n bed and sleep is amazing although i need to be propped up and surrounded by tons of pillows.
Cravings: nothing in particular...
Showing yet?: definitely. there is no more hiding it!
Happy or Moody?: Happy!
Movement: Baby kicked for the first time yesterday! And kicked and punched alll day long.
Best moment this week: Just being in France...I miss it so much!
Things I miss: My family :( I haven't my Dad and brother since December and I saw my mom last month, but it feels like it was ages ago.
Gender: Possibly a boy...finding out for sure at the end of March!
Looking forward to: Finding out if Baby is a girl or a boy!!!
Due Date: August 11th

Side notes: Apparently I developed anemia which happens to a lot of women during pregnancy, but it totally SUCKS. Always tired, dizzy/fainting spells etc. Ive been eating lentils and meat like its my job. Cannot wait to get to the doc to find out which and how much of iron supplements I can take or else its gonna be a really long road..

Updates in baby's life:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom about the size of a large tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment