Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall is here!


I haven't gotten the chance to update in such a long time...not that an enormous amount of things have been going on with M and I...but still.

For one, Michael is getting SO BIG! At least to me he is. Every morning I look at him and he looks bigger than he did the night before. Crazy! He now officially weighs 12 lbs and measures 23.5 inches. Overall, he's been doing so well. Since about 4 weeks old, he "sleeps through the night" aka 5+ hours straight, and it has been amazing. Every morning we cuddle and snuggle and he lays next to me in the bed. One of his favorite things is when i wrap him up in my blankets. He smiles like crazy and kicks and bats his arms out of excitement. He could lay there for hours without being fussy.



With the beautiful weather we have been having, M and I have gone on quite a few walks. A couple of days ago we had an outing at the local state park. It was beautiful out and I dressed him up for the occasion. He looked like he was going camping! Also, the jogger Grandma Mimi got me is amazing. I love love love that stroller. So easy to steer, push, etc. Today, on the other hand, it has been cold and rainy. So we snuggled in my bed extra long. He loves lazy days.


This past week I also bought a Moby wrap. These things are amazing. They look daunting to put on and entail a ton of fabric, however, with a baby that loves being held, it was a necessity for me. Michael loves being in it and he falls asleep almost instantly. It recreates the feeling of being in the womb and keeps him warm and snug against me all the while allowing me to get things done since both my arms are free! Love it!



With fall, comes football season! As you may already know from the poll I had posted on my blog awhile back, David is a Redskins fan and I'm a Giants fan. Up until yesterday, M only had 'skins gear (& a ton of it at that). Some of it I had gotten, and the rest were given to us by David's friends. Yesterday, M's Giants jersey FINALLY arrived! Now we have matching jerseys! Too cute! I can't wait for the game on Sunday so we can debut our matching outfits.



With a big move coming up, I've been getting kind of lazy about packing. I really need to make a list of what I need to get done and just buckle down and do it. I've only got 2 weeks now and the only time I can really do things efficiently is when M naps. Erghh. So much to do, so little time! Regardless, he and I are very excited for our new adventure!

In terms of myself, I've been slowly getting back into shape going on long, fast paced walks with Michael either around the block or at the park. I ran the other day and it felt amazing, however, I desperately need to get a well fitting sports bra to hold my ladies in place, bc OUCH! I've been eating a ton, yet all this breastfeeding is helping me shed the pounds at a record pace. I'm now down to 113 when my pre-pregnancy weight was 120. Yikes. I desperately need to build up my muscles so I don't waste away.

Just like she did for me in her blog, I'd like to give my friend Dory a big shoutout and congratulations on her new little man! Hopefully our little ones will be able to meet someday!

Thats all for now! Next update will be about the last 2 months with Michael!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, this is crazy adorable! That Moby wrap is perfectly ingenious! Praying for you on your move! <3 bisous!

    ReplyDelete