Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 39 - 1 week to go!

Countdown: 6 days to go! (SINGLE DIGITS!!)



How far along: 39 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain: I'm now at 23 lbs total weight gained. Woof. I hope this baby comes soon so I can cap the weight gain and look forward to weight LOSS! Another appointment on Wed. Hopefully I won't make it till then!
Maternity clothes?: In this heat, I'd rather be naked. 
Stretch marks?: Nopes!
Belly button, in or out?: Out. I'm convinced it's permanently stretched out and will never look normal again.
Sleep: I pretty much don't sleep anymore. It's been awful. I'm either sweating, peeing, itching, cramping or contracting. This results in a cranky and  mentally/physically exhausted Fiona. Practice for when M is here.
Cravings: Homemade pizza. YUM! Can put whatever I want on it & eat it whenever I feel like it.
Showing yet?: Showing is an understatement. Exploding is more like it.
Happy or Moody?: Yes....but mostly IMPATIENT. These last few weeks have been killer.  
Movement: Still moving like crazy, still kicking me like crazy, it seems like he's desperate to get out...but he's not making a move!
Best moment this week: Knowing that my due date is on Saturday! These 9 months went by fast, but right now time is crawling.
Things I miss: Being pain free. I'm sore all over. :/
Gender: BOY!
Looking forward to: MEETING MICHAEL DAVID!
Due Date: August 11th



So this past week has been pretty eventful in terms of contractions and cramping. At my doctor's appointment on Thursday, OB said I was about 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. According to her, this is amazing progress and I'll supposedly have an "easy delivery". I really hope she's right, although I wish she could give me an exact date that he'll arrive! According to her estimates, he weighs about 7 lbs, his heart is beating perfectly healthily, and he's more than ready to come out! I'm kind of convinced that I'm going to go past my due date so I have another dr appt set up for the Monday after my EDD during which we would discuss induction. I'm not really willing to go past 40.5 weeks. I've been pregnant long enough! Friday night I had about 5 hours of intense contractions and back cramping. The contractions felt like really strong period cramps combined with a tightness of the whole uterus. And my back was KILLING me. I was in a cold sweat until about 1:30am when I finally was able to fall asleep...kind of. When I woke up in the morning, setting aside how exhausted I was, the contractions had subsided. I had seriously considered going into L&D as I was thinking "this is it!!" but you're not supposed to go in if you can still talk through the contractions. Next time it happens, screw it. I'm going in.

Fingers crossed for something to happen for real this week! I'm really tired of being pregnant! While I've been too tired to "nest" properly, I did clean M's part of the room and reorganize a couple of drawers. I'll put up some pictures in a separate post. 


I decided to take one of those cheesy heart pictures with a belly. Had to...



How your baby's growing:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, like a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment