Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas baking & crafts

I said I would update with a link to the delicious cookies and pastries I posted on my facebook, so here goes. 

My mom bought a Better Homes and Gardens 100 Best Cookies magazine (comes out every year around Christmas) so we could bake together for the holidays. We marked a few of our favorite recipes and got the ingredients we needed. We decided to try out the Strawberry Lemon bars and the Raspberry Thumbprint cookies. The looked amazing and sounded easy enough to make. Below are the recipes! Enjoy!

Strawberry-Lemon Bars

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/strawberry-lemon-bars/

I'm very proud of this picture...looks professional :)
Raspberry Thumbprint cookies
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/rosemary-kissed-orange-thumbprint-cookies-tuscano/The above recipe is the closest I could find to what I used. Just exclude the rosemary and use raspberry jam instead of marmalade.

In looking online and on Babycenter, I got the idea to make salt-dough ornaments and give them out to family members for Christmas (from Michael). The recipe to make salt dough is super easy... all you need is flour, salt and water.. the measurements depend on how much dough you need. We wanted to make handprints and footprints, but his little feet were too chubby, so the imprint was not visible enough. We then spray painted them with glitter spray (found at AC Moore), wrote a little note and threaded the red string through a little hole, and voila! 

Everyone absolutely loved them. They don't look 100% perfect, but they are pretty cute and I'm glad I managed to do this little craft with M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment